There are many Waldorf salad recipes, so you can combine a wide variety of ingredients. You can choose to mix more exotic ingredients with common ingredients. Nonetheless, it doesn’t cost much and the taste is great.
Today we present you a nice and easy to prepare Waldorf salad recipe with potatoes. Potatoes are tasty, full of vitamins and you find them in any store.
For this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 2/3 cup celery, sliced
- 2 green apples, cored and diced with skin
- 450g potatoes, skin on and diced
- ½ cup unsalted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sultanas soaked in boiling water and drained (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup extra light sour cream
To prepare this recipe, you need to:
1. Boil diced potatoes in microwave until they become tender. Then, set aside to cool.
2. Put celery, apple, potatoes, walnuts, as well as drained sultanas in a bowl.
3. Mix sour cream with lemon and pour over potatoes.
4. Combine them gently and then serve cold.
Protein – 6.5g
Total fat – 14.5g
Saturated Fat – 3.2g
Carbohydrate – 29.1g
Energy – 1200kj
It may also contain gluten. As you can see, it’s an easy recipe and it doesn’t take long to prepare it. You don’t have to be a cook to do that. It’s tasty, full of vitamins and it’s also great for all your family.